What is SCDU and how do I obtain information concerning payments?

SCDU is the Pennsylvania Statewide Central Disbursement Unit for child support payments. It is located in Harrisburg and is responsible for processing all support payments for all 67 counties within the Commonwealth. SCDU processes all payments within twenty-four hours of their receipt, as required by federal regulations.

Generally, mail time is three business days between Washington County and Harrisburg, and please should keep this in mind when mailing individual payments to SCDU.


The Washington County Domestic Relations Section cannot accept support payments. Cash or credit payments only for contempt purge conditions are still collected by the Domestic Relations Section.

Any payments sent to SCDU must include the noncustodial parent's name, PACSES Member identification number and/or Social Security Number to be processed correctly. Failing to properly identify the payment, will result in delay in processing or return of the payment. In either case, if the noncustodial parent payment misses its due date because they failed to include proper identification on the payment, they may be subject to contempt proceedings for failing to make payments in a timely manner.

Noncustodial Parent Payment

If a noncustodial parent is required to make a payment directly to SCDU either because they have changed jobs or there is an order of court permitting them to make payments without a wage attachment, send payments, made payable to "Pennsylvania SCDU" to the following address:
Pennsylvania SCDU
P.O. Box 69110
Harrisburg, PA 17106-9110

Contact SCDU

All information concerning payments is maintained by SCDU alone. The local office cannot check on the receipt of payments and information concerning payments is only available to the local office on the day after the payment is processed.

To contact SCDU concerning payments, call toll free, at 1-877-727-7238 or visit the SCDU website.

Show All Answers

1. What is support and who may receive it?
2. How do I file for support?
3. What if there is a Protection From Abuse order against the person from whom I am seeking support?
4. How is the support amount determined?
5. How paternity is established and why is it important?
6. What must I do if I receive an Order to appear for a support conference or hearing?
7. Where do I go for support conferences or hearings?
8. Do I have to appear for my support hearing if I live outside of Washington County, Pennsylvania?
9. What are the rules to participate by phone and how do I request to do this?
10. What will happen if I don’t appear for a conference or hearing before the Court?
11. What happens at a support conference?
12. What happens at a support hearing?
13. How do I file exceptions?
14. What are my obligations if I receive public assistance benefits?
15. What are my obligations while I have an active support case?
16. How do I change my support order?
17. What do I do if I am paying spousal support and a divorce is granted?
18. What do I do if one of the children who I pay support for turns 18 and graduates high school?
19. What is PACSES?
20. How do I pay my support?
21. What do I do if I cannot pay my support?
22. What type of enforcement actions may be taken if I don't pay my support?
23. What if my driver's license is suspended for failure to pay support?
24. What is SCDU and how do I obtain information concerning payments?
25. How do I collect unreimbursed medical expenses under my order of support?
26. What is the PACSES IVR and how do I use it?