Rules for a telephone hearing:
- The party requesting the telephone participation must reside outside of Washington County, unless there are extenuating documented circumstances (hospitalization, immobilization, etc.).
- A party may only request a telephone hearing for support conferences or hearings. There are no facilities in the Courthouse (where contempt hearings and exceptions arguments are heard) for a telephone hearing.
- If a party requests telephone participation and at the beginning the conference or hearing is not present or cannot be reached by telephone, the conference or hearing officer shall proceed without that party. The Conference or Hearing Officer will only attempt to call one time.
- Any party requesting participation by telephone must be present at the phone number provided to the Court at the time of the proceeding and for up to 1 hour after the assigned time.
- Documentation for the conference or hearing must be submitted to the Domestic Relations Section by mail prior to the date and time of the hearing. The record will not be kept open for additional evidence to be submitted.
How to request participation by telephone: When the scheduling notice is received a party may contact the Domestic Relations Section to be sent a Telephone Conference Request Form (PDF).
The form must be completed and returned by the time specified on that form, but not less than three days prior to the hearing.